I have bought too many online courses that disappeared a few months/years after purchasing, leaving me with nothing. So I developed the habit to download a lot of the videos that came with online courses, or at least recording the URL in case of a YouTube video.
I learned how to download Vimeo videos, YouTube and Wistia videos.
Wistia Videos Are Harder To Download
The video URLs are not always that easy to find. Luckily I found several handy videos, that I’d like to share with you:
Download Wistia Video In Under A Minute
- Find the embed URL in the video page’s source code (look for http://fast.wistia.net/embed/iframe/……..)
- Open up that video URL
- Look at the source for THAT page (add “view-source:” to the URL, or click CTRL+U)
- Search for .bin for the video file
- Open up THAT file, which you can save
(.bin files can be played using the VLC player, or you can copy the (final) video URL, go to clipconverter.cc and convert the video into an MP4)
(or: you can just change the .bin extension into .mp4 extension; that worked for me)
How To Download Wistia Video Without The Embed Code
Sometimes the source code won’t reveal an “embed” code.
- Pull up the source code for the page that shows the video
- Search for “async” in the source code (use CTRL+F for “search”)
- Behind wistia_async_………. you will find the video ID
- Add that video ID to the embed URL from the first video: http://fast.wistia.net/embed/iframe/……..
- From there on out, you can follow the same steps as above
Hope that helps!